1. 15 years ago, Bancolombia acquired the administrative rights of the American Express Brand, for credit card issue processes and transaction acquisition. For the former, the institution was required to get a tool that allowed them to manage retailer’s affiliate processes in a unified way, as well as payments and transactions performed by product users of the AMEX brand.
2. Through the implementation of our institutions and exchange system (SEI), Bancolombia can manage the following in a single software platform:
- Retail affiliation for the American Express brand
- Manage the affiliation agreement with the retailer
- Perform the payment to retailers for card owner purchases
- Monitor selling activities for the retailers
Solve controversial processes in a proper and efficient manner.
3. Today, Bancolombia has more than 35,000 affiliates that accept American Express, and settles and pays more than nine million monthly transactions.
1. They required the provision of institution affiliates, services from different business units, using an identification method known as affiliate card.
2. Through the outsourcing processing service, provided by our strategic alliance with Redeban Multicolor, we deliver the following services:
- Subsidy payments using a pre-paid debit card.
- Customer loyalty plan with cash refund through a coin-type account.
- Rotating quota credit with purchases utilization (Redeban dataphone) and cash advances (Servibanca ATM´s)
- Network agreements with other retailers which accept the assigned credit quota.
- Mobile financial services. Money transfer using mobile phones
Virtual payment transactions through Colsubsidio transactional portal.
3. At the close of the 2016 year, Colsubsidio had about 1.5 million affiliates, had opened 1.1 million subsidize accounts, 1.5 loyalty accounts, had a rotating quota credit and was processing 1,360,000 monthly transactions among purchases, cash withdraw/money advances and account queries.